The Cardiovascular Research Trust, the healthy heart charity established in 1996, is home to the World Healthy Life Week, an international event now in its third year. It is about taking a holistic view of our heart health to promote a healthy life for all.
This year it takes place between Monday October 31st and Sunday November 6th 2022.
The Week is a platform to:
- Exchange knowledge on the evidence of promoting health and preventing illness through seminars and partnerships;
- Inspire people to take positive action to protect their health and that of their families and communities through events and accessible content;
- Educate decision-makers to implement health-promoting policies and measures;
- To enable a dialogue between the arts and health through the ‘Art of the Heart’ annual international awards.
Good health is a state of physical, mental and social wellbeing.
Having a healthy heart and circulation is linked to a multitude of other health benefits.
Following a healthy lifestyle for a healthy heart benefits our entire body:
- Protects from diabetes, asthma, joint pain;
- Reduces the risk of cancer;
- Boosts mood and reduces stress;
- Improves chances of recovery from COVID-19 disease and Long Covid.
There will be further updates about the activities of the Week soon.
Follow us on Twitter.
Follow us on Instagram.
Support the work of the Trust.