ADAPT SMART is a platform funded by the European Union’s IMI (Innovative Medicines Initiative) for the coordination of Medicines Adaptive Pathways to Patients (MAPPs) activities, involving multi-stakeholder approaches from research through to treatment outcomes. MAPPs seek to foster access to beneficial treatments for the right patient groups at the earliest appropriate time in the product life-span in a sustainable fashiion.
The European Medicines Agency hosted an expert workshop on ADAPTSMART, at Canary Wharf in London, with delegates from throughout the European Region, from the Japanese medicines agency and elsewhere.
– appropriate use of medicines
– timely access to innovative medicines and other interventions
– early access medicine schemes
– protected therapeutic schemes e.g. cancer access funds
– compassionate use
– expanded access pathways
– shortened timelines for approvals
– need for cross-border data-sharing and research
– international comparisons for consequences of inappropriate prescribing – non-compliance with treatment guidelines
– linking reimbursement to compliance with prescribing guidelines
See more on the ADAPTSMART website about key work packages and other aspects.